Hello Blog Sphere!
As my first blog, I thought I would share just some brief highlights about my background and then information about the special project I’m working on.
- I’m from Alden, NY – a small town near Buffalo.
- At GCC, I’m a General Studies/ Liberal Arts major and I’ll graduate in Fall 2016.
- After graduation, I plan on transferring to a four year school for Nursing. I am currently taking nursing courses here that will transfer over to a four year college.
- I’m in the Honors Program here at GCC, and I am currently working on my enriched course project, which I have described below.
- I chose to come to GCC because I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted my major to be
right out of high school. I was also thinking about interior design.
- My favorite part of GCC is all of the wonderful people that I have met, friends and
professors. They have all contributed to a great experience so far.
- I spent my senior year in high school interning at a doctor’s office. It was a great
experience and it allowed me to learn more about the health field before diving into a
Did you know? …Alcohol kills more teenagers than all other drugs combined. It is a factor
in the three leading causes of death among 15 to 24 year olds: accidents, homicides
and suicides. Abuse of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs is costly to our nation, exacting
more than $700 billion annually in costs related to crime, lost work productivity and
This first blog is to inform you about a survey that was distributed in the Forum
last week. (Candy passed out to those who participated in the survey as an incentive).
The survey was based on the class that I am currently in, Alcohol / Drug Use and Abuse. This blog will be based on the topic of drug and alcohol abuse, focusing on what the survey says that everyone is interested in learning about. The reason I am writing this blog is to inform people about alcohol and drug facts. The survey was a few quick questions in order to find out some basic information and give me a basis on what people are most interested in learning. One of the questions asked participants to rate five basic topics based on their interests. Please stay tuned for the results!