Genesee Community College’s 34th annual fashion show Fata Morgana is now only one short day away. The fashion and hospitality students have been working tirelessly to make this years fashion show a fantastic success. This year’s theme is Fata Morgana. A Fata Morgana is defined as a rapidly changing and complex form of superior mirage/optical phenomenon that is seen in the narrow band right above the horizon.
- Battlefield- Designed and Coordinated by Amber Coan
- Among the Wildflowers- Coordinated by Taylor Bunch & Katie Strong with apparel by Lord & Taylor and Gymboree
- Transcendence- Coordinated by Angelique Porey & Sara Elliott with apparel by Porey
- Inevitable- Coordinated by DJ Simmons with apparel by LovelyWholesale
- Bare- Coordinated by Jocelyn Eade & Eunice Goeun Park with apparel by Eade
- Bri-Jhn- Coordinated by Brittany Breedlove with apparel by B.B.
- Minuit Désert By T. LaShaé- Coordinated by Tiffany Hill & Chiho Nakayama with apparel by T. LaShaé and jewelry by Na’kaylas Jewelry Box
- Festival Haze- Coordinated by Ami Cornell & Kylie Dunn with apparel by Buffalo David Bitton and Lord & Taylor
- Oasis- Coordinated and Designed by Abby Lee Wilcox with jewelry by Kana Tatsumi
- Opulence- Coordinated and Designed by Catherine Morales
- Veni Vidi Vici- Coordinated by Ariana Sneed with apparel by Candace Cooper
- Sandar- Coordinated by Lekha Anderson with apparel by Charles Men’s Shop and M.A. Carr Bridal
The Tourism and Hospitality Management students took the theme Fata Morgana and ran with it. Transforming the cafeteria into a superior mirage, they have worked many hours making the reception immaculate, with a menu and decorations that you would have to see to believe. In addition there will be coffee donated from Tim Horton’s along with a large assortment of food spreads including veggie dips, cheese and crackers, hummus and so much more. After the show you can also stop over and enter to win a door prize, or even purchase something that you just saw on the runway moments ago!
Fata Morgana is sure to be an unforgettable experience so get your tickets now!
This blog was contributed by Fashion Merchandising Student Ariana Sneed.