I’m taking one online class currently. I never took an online class, except for this class, ever. Therefore, I was a little worried to participate in this online class, because it was not clear to me how the class would go. I even had thoughts that the online class would not be helpful for my own learning. But, I soon found that my original assumptions were wrong. Rather, I found some benefits about taking the online class. This class is a little harder for me, because I have a lot of work to do independently. But, I manage to enjoy it while maintaining a strong work ethic.
The Value of Taking Online Classes At GCC
- You can share many ideas with your classmate through discussion. It’s a good lesson in communication.
- It helps you to learn the material more deeply.
- You can study at your own pace.
- You can check your Blackboard Account more frequently and try to join in the discussion as much as possible.
- It might cause you to join in the class more actively than taking it in the class, because you are required to share your thoughts and comments with other students.
- You can absorb information, even from ideas of students, and it will lead you to consider other points of view.
These are some of the many values of taking an online class At GCC. What I can say now is that online classes are beneficial to my own learning, gaining knowledge, and even keeping up my passion to learn. To be honest, two years have passed since I came to GCC. Even now, sometimes, I can’t catch what my professor or classmate says, exactly, because English is my second language and I may possibly miss some important parts of the class. But, I manage to be focused in my classes and enjoy the everyday learning environment. I found online classes are not so hard for me, because I can see what my classmates think about the discussion. I feel that I am able to keep up with the class and joining in the class steadily, positively and actively. In addition to this, this class gave me confidence. Usually, I rarely offer my opinion during class, because I’m shy and I’m hesitant out of fear of making mistakes. Therefore, when I received comments and agreement about my thoughts from online classmates, I was glad to get a response. Online classes definitely help to keep my motivation to learn, study, and absorb more!
This blog was contributed by GCC Student Kiho Minami.