The fashion majors of GCC are about to venture on an exciting, yet educational trip to the big apple, where much is to be learned from within one of fashion’s most influential cities. During our four day excursion we will tour and engage with a cross section of the fashion industry including:
- The beautiful, new Buffalo David Bitton showrooms.
- Fashion publishing house, Fairchild Publication.
- The Doneger Group which is the fashion industry’s leading source of global trend intelligence focused merchandising direction, expert analysis of the retail business and comprehensive market information.
- The merchandiser at luxury manufacturer and retailer, S. Rothchild & Company.
- Fashion education institute, LIM college.
This fashion trip also allows students the freedom to explore the diverse and beautiful island of Manhattan which encompasses some of the most uniquely merchandised and exclusive retail stores in the world.
NYC can be overwhelming at times, especially if you are not used to the big city lifestyle. Here are a few tips and suggestions for this trip:
- Stay in groups, preferably three or more and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Pick up a map which is available at the hotel.
- Carry as little cash as possible, plastic is fantastic.
- Pack comfortable, but stylish, footwear for exploring the city.
- Search out smaller boutique stores, don’t just visit the bigger versions of stores you can find in your local mall.
- Buy musical theater tickets on the day of the show for up to a 50% discount at TKTS Discount Booth in Times Square.
- Be careful and aware when using your phone in public, pop into a store if possible.
On the subject of mobile phones, here are some cool apps for exploring NYC:
One thought on “New York Fashion Trip 2012”
Great job Sam and Jamie!